Hilshire Village is a city in Harris County, Texas, United States. The population was 746 at the 2010 census. The city is the smallest of the Memorial Villages[clarification needed] in terms of area. As of 2000, Hilshire Village was the 10th wealthiest location in Texas by per capita income.
In the 1940s Frank Bruess and his mother left Missouri, entered Texas, and purchased 30 acres (120,000 m2) of land in his new state. Bruess read about a country estate in Hillshire, England; he liked this name and called his development "Hilshire Village" with one "L." By the early 1950s construction of Hilshire Village began.
In the mid-1950s, effort to form a Spring Branch municipality failed. Hilshire Village incorporated on April 15, 1955. Because of the 1955 incorporation, Houston did not incorporate Hilshire Village's territory into its city limits, while Houston annexed surrounding areas that were unincorporated. In 1960 543 people lived in Hilshire Village. In 1970 627 residents lived in Hilshire Village. By the 1990s the population grew to 665 residents. During that period some people demolished older homes and replaced them with newer homes.
Wikipedia: [Hillshire Village, TX 77055]