In 1936 state highway maps indicated a cemetery and a church. Initially the settlement consisted of one and one-half square miles.
In the mid-1950s, effort to form a Spring Branch municipality (proposed to be called the city of Spring Branch in roughly the area known today as the Memorial Villages) failed. The city incorporated in 1955 as Spring Valley. There had been two elections for incorporation. The first result was against incorporation, and state law mandated that the next election for incorporation of the same boundary would have to be held at least one year later. Some advocates of incorporation convinced Robert R. Casey, then a Harris county judge, to modify the boundary of the proposed area by removing the Campbell Place area and therefore many voters who opposed incorporating. The following election, held on April 9, 1955, was in favor of incorporation, 183 for and 165 against. Because of the 1955 incorporation, Houston did not incorporate Spring Valley's territory into its city limits, while Houston annexed surrounding areas that were unincorporated. In 1960 the city had 3,004 residents and two businesses. The city had 3,800 residents in 1976 and 3,392 residents in 1990.
In 2007, the name of the city was officially changed from Spring Valley to Spring Valley Village. Regardless of the name change, all postal addresses in Spring Valley Village are Houston-based.
Wikipedia: [Spring Valley Village, Houston TX 77024]